United Methodist Women
WELCOME TO UNITED METHODIST WOMEN OF UPUMC
The women of University Park United Methodist Church unite with nearly two million throughout the world to:
- Know God and experience freedom as whole persons, through Jesus Christ
- Develop a creative, supportive fellowship
- Expand mission through participation in the global ministries of the church
As United Methodist Women, we assume many roles but we share a common worldwide commitment to be faithful followers of Jesus Christ as we seek to bring our faith to life in our service to others. The UMW efforts support many programs that strengthen our community, our church and the world including:
- Fundraisers for church activities such as Vacation Bible School
- Meals on Wheels
- Methodist Hospital infant support programs and auxillary
- Project Transformation reading programs
- Bethlehem Center
- C.C. Young Retirement Community
- Open Door Preschool
- Scholarship support and fundraising
- Wesley-Rankin Community Center
- Global women's education programs through Call to Prayer and Self Denial
- The Patricia Project to help teenage girls in Africa
UMW CIRCLE GROUPS
Circles are groups that meet monthly and discuss topics such as Bible study, spiritual growth and mission. Circles support a local mission chosen by the circle participants.
A traditional circle that welcomes women of all ages who are mission-minded and want to nurture friendships. Deborah Circle meets at the church the second Monday of each month at 10 a.m. in the Caldwell Room.
Mary Martha Circle
A project oriented Circle comprised of women of all ages who are interested in meeting on a less structured basis. We partner with local missions including Wesley Rankin, Bethlehem Center, Open Door Preschool, and Austin Street Center.
A diverse circle for all ages and stages of life. They are caring and sharing women who are willing to study the suggested UMW curriculum and to work and worship together. They meet on the first Monday of the month at 7 p.m. in the church library, except for May and September when a salad supper is held in a member's home.
Comprised of working professionals of all ages who prefer a Bible study group setting and are dedicated to serving the Lord. Meetings are the second Monday of the month in the the Fisk Miles Library at UPUMC.
MORE UMW INFORMATION FOR YOU
UMW's Four Social Action Campaign information and support.
More information about joining UMW as well as contact information for leadership.
Find out more about UMW of North Texas as well as upcoming events.
Subscription information about the UMW magazine.